Bloomin’ Good Gardens
Over the summer months, the Bloomin’ Good Garden Captains drive the numerous roads of our Township to scout for local residents with beautiful gardens. Our purpose is to recognize homeowners for their efforts in beautifying Oro-Medonte. Each recipient is presented with our Bloomin’ Good Garden sign and certificate of appreciation. The sign stays in their yard for two weeks. If you know of someone who deserves some garden recognition, please send an email to email@example.com.
The Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society maintains 7 community gardens around the Township as well as the Barbara Stoddart Garden at Guthrie Public School.
– Bayview Memorial Park – 9th Line South
– Cenotaph & Old Town Hall – 7th Line and 15/16th Sideroad
– Drill Shed Cairn – Line 11 North and 15/16th Sideroad
– Ian Beard Centre – 4th Line and Horseshoe Valley Road
– Oro African Methodist Episcopal Church – 3rd Line N and Old Barrie Road
– Oro-Medonte Community Centre – 4th Line North and Hwy 11
– Oro-Medonte Municipal Office – 7th Line South
School Garden Clubs
We have Youth Garden Clubs at Guthrie Public School, Shanty Bay Public School and W.R. Best Public School. The clubs are lead by local teachers, parents, grandparents, and volunteers. The Garden Clubs participate in gardening projects and entries in our Flower Shows and Photo Contest.