An enthusiastic group of gardeners started the Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society in 1967 and our membership numbers continue to grow each year.
Membership is open to anyone 16+ who wants to learn more about gardening and meet fellow gardeners.
The objectives of the Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society are as follows:
- To encourage an interest in all branches of horticulture.
- To promote and implement civic beautification.
- To encourage planting trees, shrubs and flowers in our municipality.
- To stimulate and support youth interest in horticulture.
- To promote the circulation of horticultural information.
- To promote protection of the environment through practice, lectures and any other suitable means.
The Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society maintains 7 Civic Gardens on behalf of the Township of Oro-Medonte as well as the Barbara Stoddart Garden at Guthrie Public School.
The society meets monthly and will provide you with:
– Excellent speakers on a variety of gardening topics
– Flower Shows
– Plants Sales
– Garden Tours
– Flower Design Workshops
– Seed Exchanges
– District Seminar and Provincial Conferences
– Master Gardeners to answer your questions
– Friendly helpful members
The Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society is part of District 16 of the Ontario Horticultural Association.
So dig in and join us.